Sunday, February 15, 2015

Appa's Kannama. Happy Valentine's, everyone.

I celebrate another, non gazetted Valentine's Day. 

Appa called me Kannama. And on some days, Shalu Ma.
Shalu Ma, was more of how Amma called me, during my schooling years.
She still does, now. Once in a while, though.
My darling sister and over protective brother, have their own ways of calling me, too. 
But that will be a whole new topic that, I don't intend to dwell in, at the moment. 

Certain pet names give you goosebumps. These are mine. 
And they come from people I carry in my heart, everywhere I go. 

I grew up in an environment abundant in love. 
My parents were the perfect couple. My Amma, the ever supportive wife. The stern but loving Mom. 
The family, that was and is there for me, every day of my life. 

And, Moganadass... 
The best friend of infinite years.
Moderately reserved. Beautifully loving.

I am blessed, indeed. 
I am thankful, to the Almighty. 
For everything. 

So, here's wishing the loves of my life, a very very very Happy Valentine's Day. 
My Appa, up in heaven. 
My Amma. My Akka. 
My Mogan.
My brother. My share of genuine extended family and friends, too. 

Good morning. God bless. 

Love,
~Shalu~

p/s :- surprise song :) listen. it's beautiful. one of my present favourites.


No comments: