Sunday, June 1, 2014

June is here, and so am I ! And, finally, "WHATSAPP"ing ! :-)

Hello everyone.
Hope the days have been good to you, as they were to me.
Today is Ganesh Chathurti. Today is also the first day of the sixth month of the year - June.
Today, is also, the day, I FINALLY, yes, FINALLY,  got whatsapp on my android.
So, I thought, what better day, to post a word or two.
Life is going great. I want to keep it so.

I never fancied whatsapp - from the beginning.
I also, do not, cling onto my mobile, as if it was favourite soft toy.
Thus, it did not make me feel displaced or left out, when the rest of my family and friends, were having a  gala, at it.

But, today, I gave in. Finally. And,  I owe it these individuals.
  • My darling sister, is leaving, for a European vacation. 2 weeks, approximately. That's means, limited and restricted modes of communication. The only way, I will get to keep in touch, at a bargain, is through whatsapp. The MAIN reason. I cannot imagine not talking to her, and my Mom. They continue to be my pillars of strength. 
  • My bestie who resides in London. She is expecting her second child soon. And, yes, I will be the distinguished godmother, again. Again, the key word is economical. Nominal. Whatever that takes not to splurge. It's not that I am some big saver - but I am pretty careful, with money. The drive being - holidays. Do you know how costly they can be ? Hmmm. Give it a thought. 
  • My group of girlfriends. My uni mates. 6 of us. We remain great friends. I received a SMS from one of them, some months back. "Please get whatsapp ! The best place for the 6 of us to chat. We already have a group. Waiting for you." I miss them, lots. I am the only one still living here, in the north. The rest are all based in the country's capital. We spent more than 4 years of our lives together, in the same hostel for two years and in a rented home, the remaining ones. 
I am still a novice at it. Still learning the tricks. I even, said hello, to my brother who lives in KL, via whatsapp. And, he replied, with a smiley. Not bad, huh ? 

Manic Monday. I hope not. I look forward to it being a wonderful one. 
A start to a pleasant week ahead. 
Wish you all the same too. Stay blessed. Take care.
Smile. Life is too short to sulk about. 
And, yes, whatsapp - for free - to that friend, you have not said a hello to, in a long while. It feels great to make a person happy that they are in your thoughts. Love and affection does wonders. 
Really. Cross my heart. It does.

I love this song. But have yet to watch the movie. Soon - hopefully...
Tamil at one of its loveliest - virtuously - 
"வாவென்று சொல்லும் முன்னே, வருகின்ற நியாபகம், 
கண்ணே உன் சொல்லில் கண்டேன், அறியாத தாய்முகம்....."

Again, signing off. 
Shalu says, "Take care. God bless."

No comments: