Saturday, March 8, 2014

With love from - from Jaipur, Rajasthan.

Hello everyone. 
Hope you are all doing fine.
I am fine, too.
A little flu and sore throat. 
But I am looking at the brighter side, and making the best of the remaining days of my vacation.
New Delhi was freezing cold when I arrived. We were shivering when we visited the famous Akshardham Temple. The winter jacket was not of much help. 
Guess, we are summer people. The ones that love the sun and it's shine.
Varanasi was a dream. Found immense serenity and tranquility, while I was there. It was an out of the world feeling. 
I bathed in the Ganges River. It was clean - unlike the scary tales, that many tell.  
I went to the revered Kaasi Visvanath temple and touched the sacred Shivlinga. It was one of the greatest feelings ever. 
I also watched the Ganga Arti.
Varanasi is pure beauty. Really. It is. 
Do not be deceived by the stuff you read or see or hear. You have to feel this city for yourself. 
Go when you are young and able. When you can experience and sense it's true charm. 
We also visited Taj Mahal. The Taj Mahal. A monument of love ? I do not know. 
But, I was amazed by its architecture. It is a marvel. Paying INR750 as entrance fee, is minimal, in comparison to their maintenance charges. 
And - Jaipur, Rajasthan. 
Jaipur, the pink city, is whimsical. There are forts everywhere. And they are all magnificent, huge and beautiful. Amer Fort, is one. We spent about 3 hours there and it was still not enough. 
I will post the pictures soon. There are lots of them. Sharing is always beautiful.
My sister took this picture of me. I love its openness. 
It was taken yesterday in Amer Fort. The white arches and the green steel chairs go hand in hand. 
I am still on vacation. Writing this in the hotel room. It's still very cold outside. I have a grey sweater on but it's not helping much. Want to make a hot cup of coffee. The rest of the family, are enjoying a Tamil movie on tv.
Take care. God bless.
Will be back in home grounds real soon.

Love from Jaipur, Rajasthan
-Shalu-

No comments: