You can't make everyone happy. That's life.
People will still try to find the faults. The pessimists - that's what they are called.
But, why worry, when you have given your best? Why stress when the cons outweigh the pros? Why let the minuscule create a mammoth issue?
It is, to me, one of the greatest Tamil movies, ever made. I enjoyed every minute of it, despite it ending nearly at 1am.
1. Rajamouli. He is an ace at animation. Think, “E” ~ the fly movie, starring Nani, Samantha & Kicha Sudeep.
2. The mammoth set. Even mammoth sounds a little plain for what we actually got to watch on screen.
3. Ramya Krishnan. Sivagami Devi. What charisma! She is the female version that fits the “Vayasaa aanalum un style mattum kuraiyiley” statement perfectly.
4. The final battle. I was awed. I felt I was watching the latest of the Indian Jones series. And, it WAS NOT long. WAS NOT.
5. The Shivan song. The one where Prabas/Shuva picks up the shivlinga and transports it right beneath the water falls ~ for his mom. Beautiful.
6. Kattapa. Satyaraj-Ji. The perfect role. He did perfect justice to his part. And, his awesome sword fights.
7. The warrior spirit in Tammana. Avantika. There was a certain fire in her.
8. The fact that Rajamouli didn't try to squeeze the storyline in the two hours and forty five minutes. You know what comes at the end. I'm eagerly waiting.
9. Sudeep Kicha. My favourite dashing villain. As the sword trader, Aslam.
10. The inauguration of the king's golden statue. What a momentum. The dancers, the singers, the slaves, the people, the hall, the elephants. Astounding is too small a word.
11. One year of pre production? God bless the crews patience and diligence.
12. That vehicle that Rana drives during the last battle. The one with that rotating scissors. I found it quirky.
13. The language spoken by those tribes. And their leader. What an impact. Armageddon-ish.
14. Days since I watched this epic. But, I'm still talking about it. Still flabbergasted. Still awestruck.
15. The Kali Statue in the open fields. Majestic.
16. 733. The number of days from the very first shoot to release. Can you imagine? Rajamouli’s patience. Golden. And, the fact, he didn't end with rushingly, just for the sake of making a movie. Refer No. 8 again. :)
17. The avalanche and its wonderful V-effects. Wow. :)
18. Villain Naseer. And Rana. Both cunning. Another great performance.
Overall, a must watch. Go support their mammoth effort. Encouragement is a catalyst to further success.
So, when is the sequel coming huh?
Signing off, with love.